Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Writing prompt: When you hear the word blog, what do you think?For me I’m somewhat concerned that I won’t be able do it but I know I can because Amy will teach us and I’m not stupid.I think of Charlotte’s blog, which I love. It has photos, puzzles, comments, and more. Charlotte is my sister-in-law, a creative, ingenious woman who is a mother of four, an amazing photographer, and a wonderful caring “sister”. Charlotte didn’t used to like to write and now she writes about her life often. She tells funny, poignant, interesting stories and she posts her photos about the stories. People can post comments (which she approves first). She makes a puzzle of her photos almost every day. I love her blog and will be proud to show her that I’ve learned to do one.Am excited about this day. By the end of the morning, I will have gotten started on my own blog. I would like to learn to put pictures on it too.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, I am so honored. How strange for me to be leading the PH.D writer, English Guru into the Blogosphere! The kind words mean more than youwill ever know. I'm not on my computer, but I will try to add some content from this trip tot the Outer Banks real soon.
    I love ya,Sis,
    charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I can't figure out how to post a new thing here and don't have any of you with me, here is my paragraph on Stephen King's book, On Writing:


    Started reading this yesterday afternoon while sitting in the shade at a local pool. I read it years ago with my ears and enjoyed it then. Am now reading it with my eyes, trying to finish it in time for our discussion on Monday. Am on page 166 so I’m more than one-half way through. Although I sometimes wish he would hurry on a make a point about writing, I still am learning things. This book is more memoir than information on writing. However, he does get his viewpoint known. And he also teaches by example. His humor, openness, and honesty are the main things I appreciate so far. I'm not inclined to read his scary books or see his horror movies but I am glad to have the opportunity to read about his life and his views on writing. Am also looking forward to checking out something by Tabitha King.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey -- I can't find your essay 1, but I have a hard copy. I've written comments on it, and I'll give those to you on Monday. You've done a great job with description, and I like what you have to say about the house. Very nice! The comments for revision focus around developing the narrative elements of the story -- developing more of a beginning, middle, and end. Since you end with the spreading of the ashes, perhaps you can start with the journey to the house, and add descriptions of who was with you, what you did once you got to the house, your journey through the house and through your grief. This would help develop the story elements further. We'll talk on Monday! Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete