Monday, June 22, 2009

One of my themes for the day was my attraction to water. We started out at Baked and I was drinking water. I also noticed an old friend, "Saratoga Water" from Saratoga Springs, New York, where I attended Skidmore College for two years. One of my colleagues even bought some Saratoga water. I forgot to tell her to save the bottle. After that we went to Waterfront park, where I sat near the fountain with a view of the river. Then to Moon Pie General Store -- cacaphony, many stimuli. I found a relatively quiet spot at the soda fountain and continued to drink my water while I tried to write. We did not try to read there because it was too loud. Instead we went to the court yard behind Black Market Minerals in the market where we again found a fountain. In the building beside the courtyard and opposite from the store is another fountain and many plants and skylights. That might also have been a good place to write because it was air conditioned and had "a view". Finally we went to the Crab Shack where I had "water" mixed with tea and lemon. After class I went to the Creekside pool where I sat in the shade to read "On Writing" by Stephen King and continued to drink water. Needless to say, after all the water I drank, I also eliminated a lot of "water" yesterday.

1 comment: